Saturday, December 12, 2009

Possible Young Adult Novel Ideas?

*Note: Writer's notebook entry 11/2/09*
Our Pre-AP English class is entering a young adult novel contest. I am still a little clueless of what I may write about. I already had an idea going about a teenage alcoholic who does other drugs(obviously written in a tone against drinking and drug use), but that might be considered inappropriate. I was always taught that if I have to question whether a topic is appropriate or not, I shouldn't do the topic. If anything, I really want to write something about a troubled teenager. Writing about those subjects have always appealed to me, in a strange way. I also want to write it in first person and it sound very casual, instead of up-tight and formal. I suppose it's because I enjoy reading those books as well, such as The Catcher in the Rye, The Outsiders, and Speak.
Oh, and that blog post I read today was actually somewhat inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment