Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Favorite Leaders (in noooo particular order)

-Martin Luther King, Jr.
He made a huge contribution to this country when it comes to civil. He lead peaceful protests and was a Baptist priest. He gave one of the most remembered speeches, I Have A Dream. If he never stood up for what he believed in, I'm pretty sure this country would be very behind on liberation.

-Jesus
Yes, I just brought my religion into this. Jesus is the greatest leader of all time. He healed sinners, instead of condemning them, and lead them to God. Heck, he was even crucified far more brutal as anyone has ever had so we could go to heaven. I could go on and on, but I only have so much space.

-Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Gandhi lead a peaceful civil disobedience movement for India to resist tyranny. He sparked civil rights movements around the world. Not to mention he was a strict vegetarian.

-Nelson Mandela
He spent 27 years in prison for standing up for what he believed in. Once released in 1990, Mandela helped lead the transition towards multi-racial democracy in South Africa. He eventually became the president of South Africa and won a Nobel Peace Prize

No comments:

Post a Comment