Sunday, December 13, 2009

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For.

(Writer's Notebook 11.24.09)
1. The roof over my head. I am very fortunate to have a place to lay my head. Some people take their home for granted, and don't even realize how lucky they are.

2. A loving family that would never hurt me. Some children are being abused by their parents right at this second. Some children have drug addicts and alcoholics raising them.

3. My friends. I'm glad that I don't have back-stabbing friends like others do. I don't have to worry about them starting pointless rumors about me.

4. Food on the table. There are people in this country struggling to get a simple meal. All I have to do is go to the refrigerator or pantry and I can make a meal easily.

5. An opportunity to get an education. A long time ago, women in America (our country that claimed to be all about equality) could not get a proper education because "that was not their place in society." There place was at home. Some countries still believe women should stay uneducated.

6. Though this country had its dark, dark days (okay, this country still has some rough spots here and there), we have never once had a nutcase that overthrew the government and became dictator. Since this country is a democratic republic for now, instead of some crazy communism.

7. The opportunity to climb the ladder of success. Some people don't have the same opportunities as we do, whether they are well-skilled or not.

8. Each breath I take. Many, many people take each breath they take for granted. You never know when your last breath will be.

9. Jesus saving me. Yes, I brought religion into this again! It's true, though. He lead me towards God, whom I now talk to every day through prayer. He's helped me so much in life.

10. The arts. Art gave me a way to express myself, whether it be through music, drawing something, or writing a poem. I don't think I can imagine life without art.

No comments:

Post a Comment