Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gemini

(11/4/09)
Since my mother works as the librarian's assistant and the elementary school she works at, we National Family Literacy Month with no trouble. We discussed a number of books, but the one book that caught my interest was Gemini Summer. I am sure Iain Lawrence, the author of this story, intended this for children from ages eight to twelve, but this book sounds intriguing for anyone.

The experience seemed different to me. I am not used to talking about books with my family, because my father only enjoys biographies, my mother likes just some books I like(she likes everything, though), my brother pretty much sticks to his religious books, and my sister reads some down-right depressing novels. I learned that my mom reads everything from Stephen King to elementary books (of course, her job calls for the latter) and that she gives great book talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment