Sunday, December 13, 2009

Don't Hate Me Because My Name's Perfect!

(Writer's Notebook 12.07.09)
People can be so cruel and ridicule others. It's just our nature and no matter how hard we try, we end up saying something offensive in the long run. Sometimes we make fun of other people's names. Why we do this? Perhaps the name is different and new to us? I have made fun of names before, like the names celebrities give to their children. It is hurtful, and I don't plan on doing that again. I don't recall anyone ever making fun of my name to my face. I suppose it's because my name is common enough to be accepted by others. I imagine, though, that it would be similar to someone degrading me (or whoever I was named after) by ridiculing me for my name.
I recommend the children's book, Chrysanthemum to people who have had their name made fun of by someone else before or if you were one to point fun at another person's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment