Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reading Reflection

I have went out of my "norm" this nine weeks and read two non-fiction books- one of which was an autobiography and the other being an informative non-fiction book. Obviously, I had more fulfillment and entertainment reading the autobiography, because it was about a musician.

I haven't quite established a regular habit of reading yet, but I am in the process of getting to that point, if I have the right book. I can read more regularly if I ask my reader-friends what books they would recommend for me, since they know what interests me. Of course, the content of the book does not carry the only issue. I also need to set out a certain time to read. With marching band, friends, responsibilities at the house, ways to make money, attempts to exercise.

I am not really having a "balanced reading diet," since I have only read non-fiction articles and books this nine weeks (except for Brave New World, but that is not exactly independent). I should probably read some more fiction, but I still come across the difficulty of finding a book I can get into. I am not good at "inking my thinking." I get distracted with my thinking. Even though I am not an expert on the subject, "inking my thinking" does enrich my understanding

Next nine weeks, I will somehow find time to read. I suppose I will read once I get home, when I originally watch television. I can also set apart a time right before I go to bed to read, also replacing time I watch T.V. Since marching season will be over next nine weeks, I'll have some more time to read and have a clearer head to think.

I want to read more auto-biographies next nine weeks, like Cherie Curry's autobiography. I have been a fan of Laurie Halse Anderson's books, so I'll go for some of those fictional books. I also heard Going Bovine was amazingly confusing, yet a wonderful read for young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment