Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Not Sure How A Cat Standing Up Is Going to Inspire Me, but...

(Writer's Notebook)
We were shown an adorable picture of a cat standing on its tiptoes, and I suppose it's supposed to inspire us on something in our world we want to take a stand on. I'm not sure how the to connect, besides the whole "stand" thing.

Anyways, something that I want to take a stand on --besides vegetarianism-- is abortion, one of those issues I have a more conservative view on. (Side note: I really hope I'm interpreting this assignment correctly)

In my eyes, everyone has the natural right to be born. It disgusts me that people abort babies just because they're not ready to be a parent. Here's a thought: If you're not able to support a child, you're not ready to have sex. Even with protected sex, there's always a small chance of pregnancy. That may sound super crazy to some of you.

I understand that the pro choice view is that people should have the choice whether to keep the baby or not and not just pro abortion. The thing is: that is the equivalent to deciding who's going to live and who's going to die and no one deserves that right (Another side note: I'm not big on capital punishment either). Not to mention that the methods of abortion are brutally cruel.

Anyway. I hope I responded correctly. If not, well... at least my view on abortion is out there.

1 comment: